Tuesday, August 14, 2012

{Review} Glitch by Heather Anastasiu


In the Community, there is no more pain or war. Implanted computer chips have wiped humanity clean of destructive emotions, and thoughts are replaced by a feed from the Link network.

When Zoe starts to malfunction (or “glitch”), she suddenly begins having her own thoughts, feelings, and identity. Any anomalies must be immediately reported and repaired, but Zoe has a secret so dark it will mean certain deactivation if she is caught: her glitches have given her uncontrollable telekinetic powers.

As Zoe struggles to control her abilities and stay hidden, she meets other glitchers including Max, who can disguise his appearance, and Adrien, who has visions of the future. Both boys introduce Zoe to feelings that are entirely new. Together, this growing band of glitchers must find a way to free themselves from the controlling hands of the Community before they’re caught and deactivated, or worse.

In this action-packed debut, Glitch begins an exciting new young adult trilogy.





My Thoughts:

 I received this book from St.Martin's Griffin for my honest review.


I haven't seen a lot of good reviews for this book. So, I was really hesitant to start reading this book. Most people said it was an OK book. It was more than OK for me but it was real confusing at first but then the story seemed to flow more smoothly.

Zoel lives in a world where there no emotion. So it comes as a shock to her when she starts feeling emotions and seeing bright colors. She is amazed at first but then starts to panic b/c this means she is glitching. To make matters what is has an ability that she should not have. She then starts to wonder if there is anyone else out there like her. Zoel finds all her answers when she meets Adrien and her one friend Max. Will Zoel be able to save everyone from the Link or will she choose to save herself?

This was a pretty good book nothing fancy. There was a little bit if action but I think there is going to be a lot more action in the second one. This book was just the beginning and what is yet to come. I very excited to see where this series will go. This book confused me as well. Not that I didn’t understand anything it was like what is going on and what is real. I was feeling the same way Zoe was. Is this real or not?  Who can I trust? I could not figure out anything that was going to happen. That’s what I like the most. The not knowing what’s going to happen. Who wants to read a book and already figure out early on what’s going to happen?

Zoel was a pretty good character. I liked her sometimes and the other times I didn’t. She was just so clueless and I get that b/c she never had feeling before but come on. She takes crap from everyone and goes into things without thinking these through.

Adrien: I’m not in love with him like some guy character, but I did like him and there is something there. ;) I don’t really feel like I know him after this book. Hopefully we’ll learn more things from him in the next one.

Max: I liked him before I got to know him. I thought he was going to be a real nice guy, but my first impression was WRONG. He is a complete jerk!!! He is abusive in every single meaning of the word. He is also obsessed with Zoel. Sure some people think it’s hot for someone to do just about anything to be with them, but he takes it too far. I was hoping he would learn from his mistakes and change, maybe in the next one he will.

Overall, this was a pretty good book and I am highly anticipating the next installment.




P.S. There are no robots in this but they act like it sooooo yeah

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE CRAVE INTERACTION. Well, that sounded desperate..lol.. ;) Leave a comment, crack a joke, ask a question, or just share something fun. Don't matter to us... as long as there is no SPAM or HATE. ): Unless it's the food- spam. We love that....