Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Review of Onyx (Lux #2) by Jennifer L. Armentrout

Being connected to Daemon Black sucks…

Thanks to his alien mojo, Daemon’s determined to prove what he feels for me is more than a product of our bizarro connection. So I’ve sworn him off, even though he’s running more hot than cold these days. But we’ve got bigger problems.

Something worse than the Arum has come to town…

The Department of Defense are here. If they ever find out what Daemon can do and that we're linked, I’m a goner. So is he. And there's this new boy in school who’s got a secret of his own. He knows what’s happened to me and he can help, but to do so, I have to lie to Daemon and stay away from him. Like that's possible. Against all common sense, I'm falling for Daemon. Hard.

But then everything changes…

I’ve seen someone who shouldn’t be alive. And I have to tell Daemon, even though I know he’s never going to stop searching until he gets the truth. What happened to his brother? Who betrayed him? And what does the DOD want from them—from me?

No one is who they seem. And not everyone will survive the lies…

My thoughts: 
Oh my lord. This book was amazing. That woman really outdoes herself with this series. like.. wow. 

For the .0000000000001 percent of the population who did not fall utterly and irrevocably in love with the rude, cocky, butt- hole daemon in Obsidian, You stand no chance against the sweet, sexy, amazing, cocky, smart-ass, protective, jealous, a-freaking-mazing Daemon in Onyx. seriously. like, prepare yourself. I mean, there is no way I am not dreaming about being Katy tonight. ;)

I wanted to collect some amazing excerpts from this book, but i was so caught up in it, i did not save page numbers and I am drawing a blank. There is Daemon point of view chapter and since it is near the end and i love it, i shall share that:
____________________________________________________________________________


[ Kat tipped her head back, meeting my stare. Her throat worked on her next words. “I think I might love you.”

Air punched out of my lungs. I held her tight, and I knew right then I would burn down the whole universe for her if I had to. I would do anything to keep her safe. Kill. Heal. Die. Anything. Because she was my everything.

And I wanted to tell her so, but I didn’t want to tempt the universe. Bad things happened to the people I loved. ]
____________________________________________________________________________

MOTHER FREAKING SWOON!

ok, serious review time:

I liked this book better than the first one, i think, which is hard considering the first one was a five- star for me. ;)

Katy is much more involved with her book blog (i can relate. haha. i'm sure you can too). This book is more touchy -feely, which I do not mind. Kat talks a lot more about her father and how his death affects her even years later (which I will admit was breaking my heart and I could have done without. but only because I know how she feels) this is at first. once the book gets more serious, Katy kind of morphs into a person she does not like at all. She is ignoring her friends and just trying to find a place in a world filled with aliens and humans where she is kind of both. However, she is aware of what she is doing and feels bad about it and is still , at her base, an awesome friend and a badass blogger. ;)  I still love Katy. She is a constant source of hilarity. throughout the book, she is struggling to control her new alien-ness and some funny stuff happens. haha.

I love Daemon's character in this book. We peeled back a few of his layers in the first book. I mean, obviously he was a complete hurtful ass in Obsidian. But we all loved him because he had his reasons. He wanted to protect his alien family and had firsthand knowledge that falling for or even becoming friends with a human never ended well. So he was a jerk to keep her at a distance. But we occassionally got a peek into his softer side. we were just as confused as katy at first. In the second book, after he realizes he doesn't want to fight his feeling for her (which were nothing new) he goes into full romance mode. I mean, home-boy was bringing gifts, flowers and chocolate. I mean, when you think about it, it's actually kind of cruel to dream up such an amazing guy. WHO LIVES IN FICTIONLAND. So thank you, Mrs. Armentrout. for giving me a dream I cannot pursue. lol. moving on...

 Dee was not in this book as much as in the first one. A few new characters play integral roles in this book and a lot of relationships shift. I don't want to spoil it for anybody (more than i have) but a certain new character that i sort of maybe liked a little......well all i can say is that you never really know where you stand with someone. I will leave it at that. We see a little (tiny) bit of Ash and her brothers. We see more of Adam, at least. Katy's two girl friends have smaller roles as well. But yeah, like Obsidian, this book is mainly between Katy and her Daemon. Oh, I forgot to mention, we see a little bit more of her mom in this one. :) And matthew (older luxe/ teacher) has a larger role as well.

so i rate this sucker......
5 cute little aliens!

This book is full of aliens,alien powers, government cover-ups, hot boys, betrayal, heartache, death, and enough romance to fry a computer!

So much happens in this story and, like the first book, it ends on the tail end of one conflict and the beginning of another. This book was an adventure and I am so ready for the next installment. bring it on, Mrs. Armentrout. I AM READY. O.o

No comments:

Post a Comment

WE CRAVE INTERACTION. Well, that sounded desperate..lol.. ;) Leave a comment, crack a joke, ask a question, or just share something fun. Don't matter to us... as long as there is no SPAM or HATE. ): Unless it's the food- spam. We love that....